Statement of Aims
At King’s Meadow School we aim to live as a peaceful, courteous and healthy school community, where trust, concern and respect for others are important. We are committed to developing each child’s intellectual, creative, social, spiritual and physical potential within an attractive, happy and caring environment preparing them for the world beyond school.
Together we will promote strong values, high achievement and learning for life by:
- developing respect, sensitivity and understanding for others irrespective of race, creed, culture, age or disability;
- establishing an ethos of praise and encouragement, support and challenge;
- achieving in all areas, whilst striving continuously to improve skills and extend knowledge;
- promoting healthy lifestyles, to the benefit of physical and emotional health;
- developing enquiring minds and a spirit of curiosity through an inspirational and enriched curriculum within a stimulating environment;
- providing equal learning opportunities for all children to become highly motivated, independent learners for life in the 21st Century;
- promoting and assuming responsibility, and learning to work collaboratively with others;
- encouraging respect and showing responsibility for the school and the wider environment;
- valuing and supporting the part which parents play in the education of their child;
- developing awareness of cultural diversity and strengthening links with other schools and the wider community.